The Cape Symphony & Conservatory Team
We employ more than 60 outstanding educators and artists and a team of professionals to help create, administer and support our arts programs.
Development and Grants Associate:
Reporting to the Director of Development and located in the Cape Arts & Entertainment (CA&E) office in Hyannis, with weekly travel to Barnstable and Falmouth Conservatory campuses of CA&E. This position, while holding organization-wide development and grants responsibilities, will emphasize fundraising efforts related to CA&E’s Conservatory, including but not limited to establishing and maintaining development data information based on Conservatory records.
- Provide development support to all three CA&E locations—Hyannis, Barnstable, and Falmouth. Rotate between all three offices on a weekly basis.
- Provide all daily gift entries for development initiatives--including but not limited to annual and capital campaigns, in-kind donations, sponsorships, grants, and special events--using the Little Green Light (LGL) data system, or its functional equivalent, to enter gifts and pledges until an organization-wide CA&E development data system is established.
- Maintain accurate, complete and up-to-date donor records in LGL
- Maintain security and accuracy of confidential files using best practices
- Prepare timely acknowledgments (within one week) for all Cape Arts & Entertainment donations.
- Monitor and maintain records of all pledges and pledge reminders
- Reconcile weekly entries to deposit slips, credit card transactions, and electronic transactions
- Maintain confidential work files and donor information using best practices.
- Prepare and distribute various reports and dashboards as directed
- Prepare annual audit reports as requested by finance
- Monitor inventory of solicitation and development materials. Prepare and update communications including correspondence and materials.
- Using moves management, provide Conservatory Executive Director (ED) with information concerning identity, solicitations, and giving history of CA&E donors and potential donors identified as Conservatory focused; provide Conservatory ED with frequent donor updates.
- Working in collaboration with CA&E Finance Department and Conservatory senior staff, understand and ensure team compliance with and adherence to all CA&E policies and procedures related to all grant-making processes--from inquiry and application intake through final reporting and administrative close.
- Interact periodically with other staff, grantees, auditors, vendors, and external partners. Note: This is not a program position.
- Maintain schedule of grant deadlines, awards and reporting requirements and communicate this information with appropriate departments
- Ensure proper recognition and reporting according to grant requirements
- Prepare and disburse grant correspondence and grant reports in an accurate and timely manner. Oversee grant spreadsheets and report on outcomes
- Creates and maintain grant files, both digital and paper, that meet legal, auditing, and CA&E requirements
- Maintain effective work relationships by handling peer and management interactions in a positive and cooperative manner
- Serve as Grants department representative in cross-functional departmental initiatives
- Report accurately on grants status to Development Director and others as directed
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of development department experience, and preferably with grants administration experience
- Ability to function in a fast-paced work environment and adjust to competing priorities Extensive use of Microsoft office suite, excellent and wide-ranging Excel skills required
- Strong ability to cooperate and work collaboratively toward solutions that generally benefit all involved parties
- Demonstrates ability to engage in a direct and truthful manner; ability to present accurate and appropriate information
- Excellent writing skills, including experience in writing compelling narrative reports for non-profit organizations
- Ability to manage, track, and understand basic financial management concepts
- Participate in cultivation and Symphony Concert operations as directed – working occasional nights and weekends
- Assist in development functions, special events, and fundraisers as needed, including on weekends and during evenings
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism and discretion in donor relationships.
- Complete other projects and duties as assigned.
Candidate must possess the ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule as needed, proof of liability and property damage insurance on vehicle used is required.
As soon as feasible.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Director of Development
1060 Falmouth Road, Suite A
Hyannis, MA 02601