- Two performances within the season
- Sectional rehearsals with professional musicians
- Season tickets for Cape Symphony's Masterpiece concert series
- Access to Cape Symphony dress rehearsals for Masterpiece series concerts, giving an insider's perspective!
- Access to masterclasses and select special events
- A dedicated and enthusiastic team of teachers and administrative staff
- A lifetime of musical and personal memories
- Financial aid scholarships are available for qualified students
*Students enrolled in Cape Conservatory private music lessons receive free tuition to the CYO Program!
Accepting new members for the spring semester, beginning January 25!
Season runs through May 16, 2020
Rehearsals: Saturdays, 10 AM - 12:15 PM
No rehearsal during school vacations or three-day weekends.
Rehearsal location: Saint Peter's Episcopal Church, Osterville (directions)
Auditions for new members: Saturday, February 8, 1 PM at the Conservatory's Barnstable Campus. Call 508-362-2772 to sign up.
CYO Concert Schedule:
Winter: Saturday, January 18, 2020 | 2 PM
Spring: Saturday, May 16, 2020 | 2 PM
(Cape Youth Orchestra Conductor)
CYO Music Director & Conductor
Florida State University & Boston University
With degrees in composition and clarinet performance
Mark Miller has spent thirty years on the conducting staff of the Boston Youth Symphony Orchestras, where he currently conducts the Repertory Orchestra. He conducts and coaches orchestras at Boston University and Harvard. He has led many concerts by the various BYSO orchestras, has conducted at all-state and district festivals, and has worked with other colleges, community and youth orchestras. Long-time principal clarinetist of the Cape Symphony, he has also performed with the Plymouth Philharmonic, Simon Sinfonietta, and the New Bedford Symphony. He also teaches clarinet privately, primarily in Foxborough’s nationally-acclaimed music program. He attended Florida State University and Boston University, and holds degrees in composition and clarinet performance.